Monday, October 3, 2011

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone! This is my new blog, Teenage Girl on Raw, and my name's Megan Sperger.  I am 16 and have been eating the raw food diet for about one and a half years now, and my dad's been pestering me about starting a blog.  It sounded fun, so...I did! :) I love making and creating raw food dishes, and also love singing, acting, reading, writing...all that artsy stuff.  I'll be posting recipes, recommendations for other people's recipes, etc.  So, figured I start out with my first recipe--a delicious green smoothie I made the other day! Gotta love your green smoothies! I bring one to youth group every Wednesday night since they're so quick and easy, and every time someone new comes I have to explain what my 'green sludge' is all over again.  :) But I don't mind...I adore my green smoothies, and I personally think they're gorgeous!


Peachy Tropics Green Smoothie


2 cups fresh or frozen peach slices (if frozen, try to use ones you've frozen yourself from their summer season.  I have yet to find flavorful store-bought frozen peaches!)
1 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
2-3 cups kale


Blend together in your blender...or VitaMix (so excited when Mom finally caved and got one, since we blend stuff all the time!! My family isn't raw, but they will eat my food and eat a reasonable percentage of raw foods.) and enjoy! 


I also made an awesome parfait, adapted from one in Ani Phyo's dessert book--an almond-raspberry parfait.  It features her almond frangipane kream layered with raspberry sauce and fresh berries.  I made this for my whole family for breakfast once and they adored it.  I make it a lot--it's quick to put together, especially if you forgo the berries, which I generally do as well.  Mine wasn't very pretty--the kream was fairly grainy, which may be because it's an almond-based kream, not cashew, but it was probably because I didn't blend it very long.  I also didn't have a very big parfait glass, so I really packed it in, and still had enough of the sauce and kream to make another one if I wanted. 




Yummy! Have a great day!


Megan Sperger

No comments:

Post a Comment